Thursday, July 24, 2008

HE DID IT!!!!!!

My little man is now sleeping through the night!
He can go from 8 to 8 without a peep!

After a pregnancy filled with insomnia & the past 5 months filled with night feeds; the interrupted sleep had started taking it's toll! I finally buckled down & decided that he was old enough & really didn't need the night feed any longer. I'm one of those moms; like so many, who cannot let their sweet baby "cry it out". So every morning at 3 am; like clock work, he'd wake & want to eat. Instead of trying the dreaded "cry it out", I'd pick him up, rock him & put in his pacifier. After 3 nights he just stopped waking up for it. I guess he thought it really wasn't worth it anymore!
I woke up at 6 feeling oddly refreshed! YEAH! I had forgotten how great it feels to actually sleep through the night.
Thanks Adam! Mommy loves you!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sleep ROCKS!!! ;)

Mindy said...

Congrats! I'm glad it wasn't too painful for either of you!! You'll be a new person with a whole night's sleep!

erica said...

Yea Adam!!!! Isn't a full night's sleep a wonderful thing : )

Shannan Riemer said...

yay! Great Job!!

Sarah said...

You are soooo lucky... I can't wait!!